(Note: If you may be changing plans for events because of the coronavirus outbreak, I can offer in-person or virtual keynotes and workshops from my home office in Tel Aviv.)
Corporate truth from a journalist turned marketer turned business journalist who has nothing to sell but my ideas. I create customized presentations based on your selected topic below.
A former newspaper editor and director of marketing in the high-tech industry, I am now a professional corporate and business speaker as well as a consultant, The Promotion Fix columnist for The Drum, and a member of Toastmasters International.
I use my careers to show businesses the state of the corporate world as a neutral observer with nothing to sell. Born and raised in the United States, I am now based out of Tel Aviv.
An Introduction in 30 Seconds
A Business Speaker With Nothing to Sell
Agencies are biased and want to sell their services. Company staff are also biased want to promote their company’s products. As a professional speaker, I have nothing to sell except my ideas. I make my living by writing and speaking — and not selling a book or shilling for some sponsor.
“Thank God for someone talking some fucking sense!”
— Claire Strickett, planner and strategist at London creative agency VCCP
Corporate Event Speaker
I have keynoted private events such as three Facebook Brand Summits in Mexico, Argentina, and Colombia for the company’s advertising customers as well as a media company event in Lithuania and a mobile platform’s company staff gathering in Spain.
Business Speech Topics That I Customize
Media Planning in 2020 and Beyond (30 minutes)
Other Business & Corporate Topics
- Real Profit Still Matters More Than Empty Growth – WeWork will be taught as the primary example of the irrational exuberance that underpinned today’s inane high-tech startup philosophy that fictitious “growth” matters more than actual profit
- How to Do Real Brand Purpose – companies should forget one-off commercials and do something completely different to truly help the world
- What Businesses Should Do in the Next Recession — I go through research from the Great Recession to unveil what companies should do whenever the next one hits
- The Decline of Venture Capital — For various business and moral reasons, company and startup owners are now looking for alternative sources of funding
“Thank you so much for the best 25 minutes
I’ve spent in a long time!”
— Hanne Kjeldstadli Hansen, head of customer care
at Finnish HR management software company Simployer
Links to Video
- SEMPL in Slovenia
- ZeeMelt in Mumbai
- Sanoma Media’s Get Tomorrow in Helsinki
- Synergy Digital Forum in Moscow
I also give marketing workshops at conferences and companies:
- Marketing 101 — an introduction into marketing and communications that covers customer-facing research, strategy, product-market fit, segmentation, pricing, positioning, messaging, promotional tactics, media mixes, and measurement
- Marketing communications — an in-depth seminar on marcom planning that discusses the pros and cons of each tactic and channel and shows how to create effective tactical and media mixes
- Media relations, PR, and publicity — how to create a media relations plan from research to publication and reporter targeting to pitching stories to measuring the right metrics
- SEO — how to get found in organic search results for relevant queries that relate to you, your product, the solutions that you provide, and the questions that you can answer
- Public speaking — workshops and personal coaching for executives and others who want to improve their presentations
Where I Have Spoken
My Future Schedule
If your company or organization would like an appearance while I am in your area, contact me ASAP so I can make the necessary arrangements!
January 29-30 — Copenhagen, Denmark — 600 Minutes, Marketing and Digital Experience
February 29 — India — TBA
March 16-19 — Monte Carlo, Monaco — One-to-One Retail E-Commerce
March 30 – April 1 — Barcelona, Spain — TBA
April 16-17 — Moscow, Russia — TBA
April 30 — Istanbul, Turkey — TBA
May 11-12 — London, England — TBA
May 12-14 — Frankfurt, Germany — IMEX
May 27-29 — Vilnius, Lithuania — TBA
September — Stockholm, Sweden — TBA
September — London, England — TBA
October 7-8 — Oslo, Norway — ANFO
December 4 — online — MPI’s Experiential Designers Virtual Summit
References available upon request.