(Note: If you may be changing plans for events because of the coronavirus outbreak, I can offer in-person or virtual keynotes and workshops from my home office in Tel Aviv.)
Corporate truth from a journalist turned marketer turned business journalist who has nothing to sell but my ideas. I create customized presentations based on your selected topic below.
A former newspaper editor and director of marketing in the high-tech industry, I am now a professional corporate and business speaker as well as a consultant, The Promotion Fix columnist for The Drum, and a member of Toastmasters International.
I use my careers to show businesses the state of the corporate world as a neutral observer with nothing to sell. Born and raised in the United States, I am now based out of Tel Aviv.
A Business Speaker With Nothing to Sell
Agencies are biased and want to sell their services. Company staff are also biased want to promote their company’s products. As a professional speaker, I have nothing to sell except my ideas. I make my living by writing and speaking — and not selling a book or shilling for some sponsor.
“Thank God for someone talking some fucking sense!”
— Claire Strickett, planner and strategist at London creative agency VCCP
Corporate Event Speaker
I have keynoted private events such as three Facebook Brand Summits in Mexico, Argentina, and Colombia for the company’s advertising customers as well as a media company event in Lithuania and a mobile platform’s company staff gathering in Spain.
Business Speech Topics That I Customize
How to Help the World With Real Brand Purpose
(30 minutes – live or virtual talk)
Other Business & Corporate Topics
- What Businesses Should Do in Times of Recession — I go through research from the Great Recession to unveil what companies should do during economic downturns
- Real Profit Still Matters More Than Empty Growth – WeWork will be taught as the primary example of the irrational exuberance that underpinned today’s inane high-tech startup philosophy that fictitious “growth” matters more than actual profit
- The Decline of Venture Capital — For various business and moral reasons, company and startup owners are now looking for alternative sources of funding
“Thank you so much for the best 25 minutes
I’ve spent in a long time!”
— Hanne Kjeldstadli Hansen, head of customer care
at Finnish HR management software company Simployer
Links to Video
I also give marketing workshops at conferences and companies:
- Marketing 101 — an introduction into marketing and communications that covers customer-facing research, strategy, product-market fit, segmentation, pricing, positioning, messaging, promotional tactics, media mixes, and measurement
- Marketing communications — an in-depth seminar on marcom planning that discusses the pros and cons of each tactic and channel and shows how to create effective tactical and media mixes
- Media relations, PR, and publicity — how to create a media relations plan from research to publication and reporter targeting to pitching stories to measuring the right metrics
- SEO — how to get found in organic search results for relevant queries that relate to you, your product, the solutions that you provide, and the questions that you can answer
- Public speaking — workshops and personal coaching for executives and others who want to improve their presentations
Where I Have Spoken
- For a live, physical appearance: $10,000 plus hotel, local transfers, and business travel on Turkish Airlines booked by the event or agency
- For a live, virtual appearance: $5,000
- For a license to broadcast my recorded talk on true brand purpose and how companies can help the world): $2,000
- All packages require a 50% advance payment deposit