A former journalist, newspaper editor, and director of marketing and communications in the high-tech industry, Samuel Scott is now an advertising speaker and writer of the regular “The Promotion Fix” column in The Drum in which he discusses integrated traditional and digital marketing.
Most people think ad blockers affect only advertisers and publishers. But all marketers are being affected because more than 70 million people are now either using ad blockers that block analytics scripts automatically or can do so with a one-click configuration. As a result, martech and adtech platforms are gravely threatened and need to respond.
There is also billions of dollars of fraud, deception, kickbacks, and misrepresentation occurring in the digital ad industry, and most marketers and advertisers are completely unaware of it. As an online advertising speaker, Samuel shines a light on what media buyers, publishers, and ad networks are really doing.
Ad Blocking & GDPR Are the Biggest Threats to Martech and Adtech Today
The Billions You’re Losing in Online Advertising Fraud
The Effect of Adtech on Society Today
To learn more about his thoughts:
- Ad Blocking and GDPR Are the Biggest Threats to Martech and Adtech Today
- The Billions You’re Losing in Online Advertising Fraud (TechCrunch and Moz)
- The Effect of Adtech on Society Today
TV is Not Dying — It’s Lies, Damn Lies, and Bad Media Statistics
Macau, China, November 2017
The Day After Tomorrow: When Ad Blockers & GPDR Kill Adtech and Martech
SearchLove, London, October 2017
The Biggest Lies That Get in the Way of Creative Campaigns
Get Tomorrow, Sanoma Media Finland, October 2017
Samuel Scott’s talk at Sanoma Media in October 2017 in Helsinki, Finland. He address the lies that TV and radio are dead, that Big Data is the future of marketing, that people want to have relationships with brands on social media, and that “content” is “king.”
As Seen At
Samuel’s Speaking Fee
- Samuel charges a base fee plus business-class airfare on Lufthansa, Turkish Airlines, or El Al plus hotel arriving the day before the event and leaving the day after
Contact Samuel to Speak
- For speaking engagements or anything else, contact Samuel here
- E-mail: sjscworldwide (at) gmail.com