A former journalist, newspaper editor, and director of marketing and communications in the high-tech industry, Samuel Scott is now a digital marketing speaker and writer of the regular “The Promotion Fix” column in The Drum in which he discusses integrated traditional and digital marketing.
Samuel’s knowledge and experience in digital marketing and related areas comes from his first career as a journalist and newspaper editor who then moved into marketing and communications and worked in executive agency positions and personal consulting capacities.
Digital Marketing Speeches
How to Integrate Traditional and Digital Marketing
The Marketing Department of the Future
How Public Relations Can Help Digital Marketing
Ad Blocking & GDPR Are the Biggest Threats to Martech and Adtech Today
The Billions You’re Losing in Online Advertising Fraud
Inbound Marketing: A Series of Unfortunate Events
As an online marketing speaker, Samuel presents how traditional marketers need to understand the Internet is a new and specialized set of communications channels that sit in existing marketing communications processes. Tactics such as public relations that are incorrectly called “outbound marketing” will always remain relevant because outbound marketing builds brands and leads to backlinks that are completely natural.
Most people think ad blockers affect only advertisers and publishers. But all marketers are being affected because more than 70 million people are now either using ad blockers that block analytics scripts automatically or can do so with a one-click configuration. There is billions of dollars of fraud, deception, kickbacks, and misrepresentation occurring in the digital ad industry, and most marketers and advertisers are completely unaware of it.
To learn more about his thoughts:
- His approach on integrated online and offline marketing communications
- His TechCrunch columns on the marketing fundamentals that the tech world gets wrong and digital marketing’s flawed obsession with analytics
- How GDPR and ad blocking might destroy adtech and martech
- His explorations into online advertising fraud
- His criticism of the modern paradigm of “inbound marketing”
The Day After Tomorrow: When Ad Blockers & GPDR Kill Adtech and Martech
SearchLove, London, October 2017
Server Log Files & Technical SEO Analysis: What You Need to Know
MozCon, Seattle, Washington, September 2016
Samuel’s Speaking Fee
- Samuel charges a base fee plus business-class airfare on Lufthansa, Turkish Airlines, or El Al plus hotel arriving the day before the event and leaving the day after