Digital Marketing insights from an
expert industry trade journalist
A former newspaper editor and director of marketing in the high-tech industry, I am now a professional digital marketing speaker and member of Toastmasters International as well as the writer of The Promotion Fix column for The Drum.
Digital Marketing Conferences
Both virtually and in person, Samuel has given inspirational and informative breakout and keynote addresses at events in the digital marketing world.
Digital Marketing Talks
Samuel offers marketing truth from an expert trade journalist with nothing to sell but his ideas. He creates customized presentations based on your desired general topic.
In his talks, Samuel uses his prior careers in journalism and marketing for twenty years to show businesses, conferences, and universities the true present and future of the marketing industry as a neutral observer with nothing to sell. He has served as a judge of the UK Ad Association’s Young Lions competition in advance of the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Anyone from a chief marketing officer to the head of sales and marketing to junior executives can learn from him.
Media Planning in 2021 and Beyond: How to Integrate Online & Offline Marketing
(30 minutes – live or virtual talk)
We are seeing the tyranny of online direct response and short-termism, both of which are hurting our long-term advertising effectiveness. Samuel uses the latest research to show that we need to get out of our bubble and rethink our approach to media planning today by integrating traditional and online channels as well as long-term and short-term strategies in the most effective ways.
Brand Purpose vs. Brand Hypocrisy: How Your Company Can Truly Help the World
(30 minutes – live or virtual talk)
In this inspiring keynote, Samuel will present the wrong and right ways to do brand purpose and have responsible commerce. Some businesses do one-off commercials and think their jobs are done. Others hypocritically broadcast a message that is contradicted by their own internal company practices. The business world can do so much better. Samuel will show you how.
- The Day After Coronavirus: What Will and Will Not Change in Business — the economy will recover and return to pre-crisis normal quickly based on past pandemics and the fact that human nature does not change overnight
- What Your Company Needs to Do to Survive the Recession — what businesses can learn from prior recessions, what marketing departments should do, and how marketers can learn to “speak CFO” to defend their budgets
- The Biggest Myths in Marketing Today That You Probably Believe — it is false that consumers want targeted ads, short-term results are more important, targeting solves the problem of waste, and ad tech saves money
- The Biggest Problem in Content Marketing That You Are Probably Ignoring – 99% is useless and a waste of money, so companies need an entirely different approach based on the traditional marcom process that few discuss anymore
- B2B Marketing’s Surprising Best Practices – how B2B is actually very similar to B2C, based on exclusive research that I have obtained
- Why Everything Online is Fake — And What Marketers Should Do In Response — when online numbers and metrics are never audited by independent third parties, marketers have no idea how effective their campaigns actually are
Digital Marketing Workshops
I also give marketing workshops at conferences and companies.
Fees, Recommendations, and Schedule
- For more information including fees, recommendations and my future schedule, go to my main marketing speaker page.