A former journalist and newspaper editor turned marketing and communications executive, Samuel Scott is Marcom Director at Logz.io, a global speaker, and writer of the regular "The Promotion Fix" column in The Drum.
I'd love to be a marketing speaker at your company or event! Learn more. https://t.co/RKt61np7QC— Samuel Scott (@samueljscott) April 12, 2017
Who’s Quoted or Cited Me
- The Day After Tomorrow: When Ad Blockers Stop All MarTech 24 April 2017My new column is live at The Drum: Not everything that is important in marketing can be quantified or automated. Soon, we’re going to have to remember that fact. But first, let me take you back to a little theory. There have always been two main categories of advertising: brand and direct response. Brand advertising […]
- “Social media marketing” is useless – but it could be a lot better 10 April 2017My new column for The Drum is live: It was going to be a glorious age. A pristine age. An age without advertising. Social media was going to kill everything from TV commercials to display advertisements. People were going to ‘engage’ and have ‘conversations’ with brands instead. Too bad it was completely wrong. Read the […]
- What traditional marketers need to know about SEO 27 March 2017My new column is live at The Drum: What traditional marketers need to know about SEO If you think SEO is a bag of tricks to rank first in Google, you are 10 years out of date. As a recent Searchmetrics study found, getting found in Google search results is more relevant than ever. Statista also […]
- “Content Marketing” Means Nothing — The Drum 13 March 2017My new column for The Drum is live: Apples are not oranges – and ‘content marketing’ means nothing The moment that you slap a call-to-action on any piece of marketing collateral, it becomes direct-response advertising. More on that after a story. Read the whole thing at The Drum! Thanks for reading! Don’t forget to […]
- Will February 2017 be the Month That Destroyed Adtech? 27 February 2017My new column is up at The Drum: Will February 2017 go down as the month that destroyed adtech? February 2017 has been a bad month for adtech. This month’s news should shake the industry down to its very core – and rightfully so. Marc Pritchard rocks the ad world February began with the fallout […]