A former journalist and newspaper editor turned international digital marketing and communications professional, Samuel Scott is a global marketing speaker and crafter of strategic marketing campaigns that integrate both traditional and online marketing. He is Director of Marketing and Communications for log management platform Logz.io as well as a contributor to TechCrunch and Moz. Scott has been quoted or cited by publications including AdWeek, CIO, Fortune, and Search Engine Land.
My Log Analytics Software Company
As Seen At
Connect With Me!
Who’s Quoted or Cited Me
- Why “Content” is the Worst Word the Marketing World Ever Invented 26 September 2016If I say that I saw a TV commercial yesterday, you would know in general what I mean. If I say that I received a sales catalogue in the mail, you would know in general what I mean. If I say that I read an opinion column on TechCrunch, you would know in general what I […]
- Server Log Analysis & Technical SEO Audits (MozCon) 13 September 2016My September 2016 MozCon presentation and notes. If the embed below does not appear, you can see it directly at this link. Server Log Files & Technical SEO Audits: What You Need to Know from Samuel Scott Server Log Files & Technical SEO Audits: What You Need to Know Server log files contain the only […]
- The Value of Community: What I Will Miss from Moz 18 August 2016Note: I wrote this essay upon returning home from work. It is a heartfelt reaction to the big news of the day in the digital marketing world. I must state that I know nothing about the financial state of Moz or about the company’s internal operations or politics. This is an off-the-cuff post. Jen Lopez is […]
- How Google Analytics ruined marketing (TechCrunch) 9 August 2016My newest column has been published on TechCrunch: Marketers in the high-tech world who use phrases such as “social media marketing,” “Facebook marketing” and “content marketing” do not understand the basic difference between marketing strategies, marketing channels and marketing content. And Google Analytics is to blame. In the just over 10 years since the release of […]
- How to Integrate PR and Content Marketing 9 June 2016BERLIN — I had the honor of speaking last week at this year’s Content Marketing Masters, one of three European conferences that are held by the German online marketing agency PerformicsAKM3. The topic? “How to Integrate PR and Content Marketing.” Here, I will summarize my presentation for everyone’s benefit. For more details on the highlights […]