A former journalist and newspaper editor turned international digital marketing & communications consultant, Samuel Scott is a global speaker and crafter of strategic marketing campaigns that integrate both traditional and online marketing. He also contributes to publications including Moz and the Times of Israel and has been quoted or cited by Search Engine Land, The New York Times, and CIO. Samuel is also Director of Marketing and Communications for Logz.io, a new Israeli startup that is reinventing log analytics.
My Log Analytics Software Company
As Seen At
Connect With Me!
Who’s Quoted or Cited Me
- Why You’re Losing Millions to Online Ad Fraud 1 October 2015A few days ago, I gave this webinar for WebPromoExperts on the billions of dollars that companies are losing to fraud and in their digital advertising campaigns. For thirty minutes, I discussed: – The definition of an advertising “impression” and why it is important – Why at least half of online display ads are never […]
- The Billions We’re Losing in Display Advertising (PMI London) 23 September 2015I’m honored to announce that I will be speaking at Performance Marketing Insights in London on October 30 on the topic of digital advertising fraud. If you’ll be there, please come to say hello! You can read a preview at PMI as well as a Moz essay of mine on the topic. Thanks for reading! […]
- The Change from SEO to Marketing 4 September 2015My first “SEO job” consisted of pumping out keyword-stuffed blog posts and then posting them on a website that would link to a company’s website while attempting to hide from Google that both sites were owned by that company. In my second “SEO job,” I would submit the company’s website to countless random directories and […]
- DevOps Is Changing from Solving Problems to Driving Business 20 August 2015The blog of DevOps Summit, the IT conference that my log analytics software company Logz.io is sponsoring later this year, published an essay of mine on how marketing and IT need to work together: DevOps has traditionally played important roles in development and IT operations, but the practice is quickly becoming core to other business […]
- The Definition of SEO 8 August 2015My career over the years so far has taken me from journalism to SEO to public relations to conference speaking. The “SEO” part has been the most controversial. If you had asked me to define “SEO” years ago ago, I would have responded, “getting a website to rank highly in Google.” Today, I would fire or […]