A former journalist and newspaper editor turned international digital marketing and communications professional, Samuel Scott is a global marketing speaker and crafter of strategic marketing campaigns that integrate both traditional and online marketing. He is Director of Marketing and Communications for log management platform Logz.io as well as a contributor to TechCrunch and Moz. Scott has been quoted or cited by publications including AdWeek, CIO, Fortune, and Search Engine Land.
My Log Analytics Software Company
As Seen At
Connect With Me!
Who’s Quoted or Cited Me
- Everything the tech world says about marketing is wrong 13 April 2016My new column is live at TechCrunch: The biggest problem in marketing in the tech world today is that too many marketers do not know the first thing about marketing. Digital marketers — who, as marketers, really should be cynical enough to know better — have fallen into an echo chamber of meaningless buzzwords. First, […]
- A Publicity Guide on Moz + Calq Webinar Today 10 March 2016Want to learn about creative publicity campaigns and that get you in the press and spread over social media? Read my new 11,000-word guide on Moz: No one cares about your company or product. Unless your CEO is Steve Jobs or your product is Google Glass, very few journalists and bloggers are going to write […]
- The $8.2 Billion Adtech Fraud Problem That Everyone Is Ignoring 8 January 2016I’m honored to announce that I have debuted my column at TechCrunch, and my first column discusses the latest developments in online advertising fraud: Despite the popularity of mobile applications such as Peace, Blockr and Ghostery over the last year, ad blocking will be the least of digital advertisers’ problems in 2016. According to a report released by […]
- Refugees and Terrorists 5 December 2015As a former journalist, I’ve been trying to imagine how I’d cover the refugee crisis and the Paris terrorist attacks. What are the facts, and what is the conjecture? Are the two connected? Some initial thoughts. 1. A lot of innocent people are fleeing a horrible war zone and going to whatever countries will take […]
- The Dumbing Down of American Elections 2 December 2015With each passing year, I become more and more saddened at the state of American journalism — the industry in which I used to work. There once was a set of major media outlets that strived to be as neutral and objective as possible. Those publications drove the conversation and were checks against the Powers […]