Objective and entertaining marketing insights.
No sales pitches.
After careers in journalism and marketing, I am now a professional keynote marketing speaker and member of Toastmasters International as well as the writer of The Promotion Fix column for The Drum.
Upcoming Speaking Appearances
Samuel has presented in dozens of countries on four continents. If your company or organization would like an appearance while he is in your area, contact him soon so he can make the necessary arrangements.
January 29-30 — Copenhagen, Denmark — 600 Minutes, Marketing and Digital Experience
April 17 — online (UK) — The Fearless
April 22 — online (UK) — Isolated Talks
April 28 — online (France) — Digital Marketing Virtual Summit
April 29 — online (Pennsylvania) — West Chester University
May 22 — online (Russia) — Forum.Digital Marketing
August 4-6 — online (California) — The Marketer’s Content Playbook / Hollywood Branded
September 15 — online (Illinois) — G2 Reach
September 24-25 — online (China) — GMIC
October 8 — online (Czech Republic) — AKTV
October 8 — online (Norway) — ANFO
November 2-6 — online (UK) — Event Tech Live
November 25-26 — online (Bulgaria) — Future Frame International Trade Show
December 4 — online (USA) — MPI’s Experiential Designers Virtual Summit
April 19-21 — Banff, Canada — TBA
May 25-27 — Frankfurt, Germany — IMEX
June — Sydney, Australia — TBA
July 14-18 — Moscow, Russia — TBA
Keynote Marketing Talks
Samuel offers marketing truth from an expert trade journalist with nothing to sell but his ideas. He creates customized presentations based on your desired general topic.
In his talks, Samuel uses his prior careers in journalism and marketing for twenty years to show businesses, conferences, and universities the true present and future of the marketing industry as a neutral observer with nothing to sell. He has served as a judge of the UK Ad Association’s Young Lions competition in advance of the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Anyone from a chief marketing officer to the head of sales and marketing to junior executives can learn from him.
Media Planning in 2021 and Beyond: How to Integrate Online & Offline Marketing
(30 minutes – live or virtual talk)
We are seeing the tyranny of online direct response and short-termism, both of which are hurting our long-term advertising effectiveness. Samuel uses the latest research to show that we need to get out of our bubble and rethink our approach to media planning today by integrating traditional and online channels as well as long-term and short-term strategies in the most effective ways.
Brand Purpose vs. Brand Hypocrisy: How Your Company Can Truly Help the World
(30 minutes – live or virtual talk)
In this inspiring keynote, Samuel will present the wrong and right ways to do brand purpose and have responsible commerce. Some businesses do one-off commercials and think their jobs are done. Others hypocritically broadcast a message that is contradicted by their own internal company practices. The business world can do so much better. Samuel will show you how.
- The Day After Coronavirus: What Will and Will Not Change in Business — the economy will recover and return to pre-crisis normal quickly based on past pandemics and the fact that human nature does not change overnight
- What Your Company Needs to Do to Survive the Recession — what businesses can learn from prior recessions, what marketing departments should do, and how marketers can learn to “speak CFO” to defend their budgets
- The Biggest Myths in Marketing Today That You Probably Believe — it is false that consumers want targeted ads, short-term results are more important, targeting solves the problem of waste, and ad tech saves money
- The Biggest Problem in Content Marketing That You Are Probably Ignoring – 99% is useless and a waste of money, so companies need an entirely different approach based on the traditional marcom process that few discuss anymore
- B2B Marketing’s Surprising Best Practices: Emotion vs. Information – how B2B is actually very similar to B2C, based on exclusive research that I have obtained
- Why Everything Online is Fake — And What Marketers Should Do In Response — when online numbers and metrics are never audited by independent third parties, marketers have no idea how effective their campaigns actually are
Links to Video
I also give marketing workshops at conferences and companies:
- Marketing 101 — an introduction into marketing and communications that covers customer-facing research, strategy, product-market fit, segmentation, pricing, positioning, messaging, promotional tactics, media mixes, and measurement
- Marketing communications — an in-depth seminar on marcom planning that discusses the pros and cons of each tactic and channel and shows how to create effective tactical and media mixes how to create the most effective marcom campaigns and incorporate them into your overall marketing strategy
- Media relations, PR, and publicity — how to create a media relations plan from research to publication and reporter targeting to pitching stories to measuring the right metrics
- SEO — how to get found in organic search results for relevant queries that relate to you, your product, the solutions that you provide, and the questions that you can answer
- Public speaking — workshops and personal coaching for executives and others who want to improve their presentations
Today, many companies and conferences are holding their events online. Samuel now uses his years of experience in professional speaking to keynote events over any streaming platform of choice.
From Europe to South America, Samuel has delivered keynote addresses and moderated panels at business events for clients, employees, and customers.
Both virtually and in person, Samuel has given inspirational and informative breakout and keynote addresses at events in the marketing and business worlds.
Testimonials & Featured Clients
"Thank you so much for the best 25 minutes I’ve spent in a long time!"
— Hanne Kjeldstadli Hansen, head of customer care at Simployer
“Thank God for someone talking some f--king sense!”
— Claire Strickett, planner and strategist at London creative agency VCCP
"Not only did he deliver a great presentation full of data and relevant insights, he was also super fun and easy to work with. If you are looking for a reliable speaker covering the latest marketing trends, contact Samuel!"
— Valerija Prevolsek, founder of the SEMPL conference
"Samuel was delivering a presentation at our client and partner event. He had a perfect 30-minute speech about how different media works these days, busting myths and hitting some most painful topics for the whole industry. I can definitely recommend him for any type of event willing to get fresh air i the world of communication bubbles."
— Mindaugas Rakauskas, commercial director at TV3 Lithuania
"Samuel spoke at ProcureCon Marketing Europe 2019 in London, on 'Dispelling the 6 biggest myths in the marketing industry today', and did a brilliant job - he was engaging, interesting and provocative, with an interactive presentation. Recommended!"
—Diane Mekie, conference director for WBR’s ProcureCon Marketing Europe
"Samuel spoke at my event 600Minutes Customer Experience on the 5th of December 2019 and was very much appreciated by the attendees. The event was attended by the leaders within marketing and customer experience from the largest companies of Norway. Many of the attendees gave great praise and commented that they would have wished to hear more or to have him back for other editions of the event. Thank you for coming, Samuel!"
Past Presentations and Talks
- Management Events — multiple events throughout Europe in 2019
- SEMPL (Portoroz, Slovenia) — November 2019
- Bogazici University (Istanbul, Turkey) — November 2019
- World Marketing Summit (London, England) — November 2019
- DCX Digital Content Expo (Berlin, Germany) — October 2019
- TV3 (Vilnius, Lithuania) — September 2019
- ProcureCon Marketing (London, England) — June 2019
- ZeeMelt (Mumbai, India) — May 2019
- AIM Conference (Los Angeles, California) — May 2019
- Share Algarve (Lisbon, Portugal) — April 2019
- Synergy Digital Forum (Moscow, Russia) — March 2019
- Marketing Festival (Prague, Czech Republic) — March 2019
- The European Summit (Lisbon, Portugal) — March 2019
- Emerce Performance — (November 2018)
- Fifteen Seconds (Graz, Austria) — June 2018
- Synergy Digital Forum (Moscow, Russia) — May 2018
- FICCI Frames (Mumbai, India) — March 2018
- Digital Copenhagen (Copenhagen, Denmark) — November 2017
- CASBAA (Macau) — November 2017
- Digitalzone (Istanbul, Turkey) — October 2017
- Sanoma Media (Helsinki, Finland) — October 2017
- Facebook Brand Summit (Buenos Aires, Argentina) — April 2017
- Facebook Brand Summit (Bogota, Colombia) — April 2017
- Facebook Brand Summit (Mexico City, Mexico) — April 2017
- LiMA DAY (Vilnius, Lithuania) — November 2016
- MozCon (Seattle, Washington) — September 2016
- Content Marketing Masters (Berlin, Germany) — June 2016
- Kahenacon Advanced (Tel Aviv, Israel) — November 2015
- Performance Marketing Insights (London, England) — October 2015
- BrightonSEO (Brighton, England) — April 2015
- SMX West (San Jose, California) — March 2014
- SMX Milan (Milan, Italy) — November 2013
- Private talks at the offices of companies
- For a live, physical appearance: USD $10,000 / GBP £8,000 / EUR €8,000 plus hotel, local transfers, and business travel on Turkish Airlines (or another Star Alliance airline) from Tel Aviv booked by the event or agency
- For a live or recorded virtual appearance: USD $5,000 / GBP £4,000 / EUR €4,000
- Workshop and speaking coach fees are customized based on what you need
- All packages require a 50% advance payment deposit to reserve the dates and for the work beforehand