SELL MORE STUFF!
Insightful and entertaining marketing insights.
Performances — not speeches or sales pitches.
After a career in journalism and years in marketing, Samuel Scott is now a professional keynote marketing speaker and member of Toastmasters International as well as the writer of The Promotion Fix column for The Drum and Head of Marketing for the IT mapping platform Faddom.
Upcoming Speaking Appearances
May — Warsaw, Poland — Date Held
May — Belgrade, Serbia — Date Held
May — Zagreb, Croatia — Date Held
May — Goa, India — Date held
September — Helsinki, Finland — Date Held
Samuel’s Main Tech Keynote Speech
In this keynote address, Samuel Scott begins with an examination of how the foundation of the current iteration of the internet causes nearly everything online to be fake or somehow misrepresented — with negative consequences for everything from politics to business to society. But then he shows how human optimism and ingenuity can remake the internet for good and lead humanity into the future.
Actionable takeaways: Learn why most of the online world is fake, inaccurate, and fraudulent. Understand how this harms business, politics, and society in general. Get inspired by how we can make the Internet better to propel us into a better future.
Other Marketing Keynote Talks
GET READY NOW: The 15 Things That Marketers Need to Know for 2023
In this wide-ranging keynote taking everyone on a magical mystery tour through the entire marketing industry, Samuel Scott will dispel myths, reveal unconventional best practices, and show the eternal truths that people should know in areas ranging from product to distribution to pricing to advertising to SEO to public relations in both B2C and B2B marketing.
Topics include: Good vs. bad metrics to use, how to use both brand and performance advertising, the importance of mental availability, how to recognize survivorship bias, the difference between PR and publicity, when dashboards are not truthful, the best way to build backlinks, the costs of ad fraud, what is real brand purpose, how B2B markets really operate, and the dangers of growth at all costs.
In any recessionary environment, businesses instinctively want to cut marketing spending — especially at the top of the funnel. In this talk, Samuel will first discuss Brand 101, the benefits of a strong brand, product marketing versus brand marketing, examples of good B2C and B2B branding, how to build a brand, and how to manage and measure brand equity. Then, he will show how to translate general marketing and specifically brand concepts into CFO-speak so that they will understand the importance. After all, cutting brand spend in the short term will only hurt your company in the long term after the economy recovers.
Actionable takeaways: Build brands that will get leads and sales today and tomorrow, increase conversion rates, raise pricing power, receive media coverage, and attract more talent. See how B2B and B2C marketing are more similar than people think. Learn how to defend your top-of-the-funnel brand marketing spend to CEOs, CFOs, and boards of directors.
Many consumers say they prefer sustainable products and do not want to support sweatshops, but they still often buy the cheapest clothing and running shoes made in such places anyway. Companies today want to do better, but they are getting such mixed signals from customers. In this keynote, Samuel Scott will show how companies can navigate this complex environment and both help the world and sell more products at the same time. The key to understand: Actual brand purpose goes far beyond just saying nice stuff in ads, and the benefits go far beyond just selling more stuff.
Actionable takeaway: See four examples of companies in various industries and countries that are using brand purpose to help both the world and their businesses.
We are seeing the tyranny of online direct response and short-termism, both of which are hurting our long-term advertising effectiveness. Samuel uses the latest research to show that we need to get out of our bubble and rethink our approach to media planning today by integrating traditional and online channels as well as long-term and short-term strategies in the most effective ways. Both types of advertising need to work together for maximum effectiveness.
Actionable takeaway: Build marcom campaigns that both get sales today and build brands for more future sales tomorrow. See how both “brand” and “performance” advertising perform — they just perform in different time frames. “Performance” sells a little right away, but the effectiveness quickly fades. “Brand” takes time to have an effect, but it leads to the most sales in the long term.
From Europe to South America, Samuel has delivered keynote addresses and moderated panels at business events for clients, employees, and customers.
Both virtually and in person, Samuel has given inspirational and informative breakout and keynote addresses at events in the marketing and business worlds.
Today, many companies and conferences are holding their events online. Samuel now uses his years of experience in professional speaking to keynote events over any streaming platform of choice.
Testimonials & Featured Clients
"Thank you so much for the best 25 minutes I’ve spent in a long time!"
— Hanne Kjeldstadli Hansen, head of customer care at Simployer
“Thank God for someone talking some f--king sense!”
— Claire Strickett, planner and strategist at London creative agency VCCP
"Not only did he deliver a great presentation full of data and relevant insights, he was also super fun and easy to work with. If you are looking for a reliable speaker covering the latest marketing trends, contact Samuel!"
— Valerija Prevolsek, founder of the SEMPL conference in Slovenia
"Samuel was delivering a presentation at our client and partner event. He had a perfect 30-minute speech about how different media works these days, busting myths and hitting some most painful topics for the whole industry. I can definitely recommend him for any type of event willing to get fresh air i the world of communication bubbles."
— Mindaugas Rakauskas, commercial director at TV3 Lithuania
"Samuel spoke at ProcureCon Marketing Europe 2019 in London, on 'Dispelling the 6 biggest myths in the marketing industry today', and did a brilliant job - he was engaging, interesting and provocative, with an interactive presentation. Recommended!"
—Diane Mekie, conference director for WBR’s ProcureCon Marketing Europe in London
"I came across Samuel several years ago. His articles in The Drum are extremely spot on. We engaged Samuel to speak at our annual conference DSAD. An annual conference that normally attracts 400 advertisers. In 2020, due to the Covid 19 situation the conference was set up as a hybrid. Samuel attended remotely with a prerecorded presentation since it was not possible to travel from Tel Aviv to Norway at the time. Samuel did a very good presentation at this hybrid event. I will certainly recommend Samuel as a keynote speaker."
"Samuel spoke at my event 600Minutes Customer Experience on the 5th of December 2019 and was very much appreciated by the attendees. The event was attended by the leaders within marketing and customer experience from the largest companies of Norway. Many of the attendees gave great praise and commented that they would have wished to hear more or to have him back for other editions of the event. Thank you for coming, Samuel!"
"Samuel Scott spoke to over 2000 paid delegates at Zee MELT 2019 - India's biggest conference that brings marketing, communications and technology under one roof. His thirty minute talk on the biggest myths in the adtech world was extremely well received by our delegates. Beyond the talk, Samuel made it a point to interact with many of the delegates and the other speakers as well, which was highly appreciated."
— Rajesh Kejriwal, founder and CEO of Kyoorius Group in India
Past Presentations and Talks
- One to One Digital Marketing (Biarritz, France) — October 2021
- Virtual Talks — 14 talks in 2020 and 2021
- Management Events — multiple events throughout Europe in 2019
- SEMPL (Portoroz, Slovenia) — November 2019
- Bogazici University (Istanbul, Turkey) — November 2019
- World Marketing Summit (London, England) — November 2019
- DCX Digital Content Expo (Berlin, Germany) — October 2019
- TV3 (Vilnius, Lithuania) — September 2019
- ProcureCon Marketing (London, England) — June 2019
- ZeeMelt (Mumbai, India) — May 2019
- AIM Conference (Los Angeles, California) — May 2019
- Share Algarve (Lisbon, Portugal) — April 2019
- Synergy Digital Forum (Moscow, Russia) — March 2019
- Marketing Festival (Prague, Czech Republic) — March 2019
- The European Summit (Lisbon, Portugal) — March 2019
- Emerce Performance — (November 2018)
- Fifteen Seconds (Graz, Austria) — June 2018
- Synergy Digital Forum (Moscow, Russia) — May 2018
- FICCI Frames (Mumbai, India) — March 2018
- Digital Copenhagen (Copenhagen, Denmark) — November 2017
- CASBAA (Macau) — November 2017
- Digitalzone (Istanbul, Turkey) — October 2017
- Sanoma Media (Helsinki, Finland) — October 2017
- Facebook Brand Summit (Buenos Aires, Argentina) — April 2017
- Facebook Brand Summit (Bogota, Colombia) — April 2017
- Facebook Brand Summit (Mexico City, Mexico) — April 2017
- LiMA DAY (Vilnius, Lithuania) — November 2016
- MozCon (Seattle, Washington) — September 2016
- Content Marketing Masters (Berlin, Germany) — June 2016
- Kahenacon Advanced (Tel Aviv, Israel) — November 2015
- Performance Marketing Insights (London, England) — October 2015
- BrightonSEO (Brighton, England) — April 2015
- SMX West (San Jose, California) — March 2014
- SMX Milan (Milan, Italy) — November 2013
- Private talks at the offices of companies
- For a live, physical appearance: Starting at USD $10,000 plus hotel, meals, local transfers, and business travel on El Al (with any transfers on Star Alliance airlines) from Tel Aviv booked by the event or agency + any needed coronavirus testing for return to Israel + video and pictures of the speech
- For a live or recorded virtual appearance: Based on what you need
- Workshop and speaking coach fees are customized based on what you need
- All packages require a 50% advance payment deposit to reserve the dates and for the work beforehand
- Guarantee: If your event is postponed or canceled for any reason, the 50% deposit will automatically go towards a future appearance without needing to pay again