SELL MORE STUFF!
Insightful and entertaining marketing insights.
Performances — not speeches or sales pitches.
After a career in journalism and years in marketing, Samuel Scott is now a professional keynote marketing speaker and member of Toastmasters International as well as the writer of The Promotion Fix column for The Drum and Head of Marketing for the IT mapping platform Faddom.
In 2019, Scott was a judge for the UK Ad Association’s Young Lions competition in advance of the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. In 2023, he served on the jury for the Epica Awards.
Upcoming Speaking Appearances
If Samuel will be close to you soon, he can usually add additional appearances to a trip. Get in touch!
Samuel lives in Tel Aviv but is not affected by the current political situation. He can freely fly out of the city.
June — Dusseldorf, Germany — Date Held
September — Tallinn, Estonia — Date Held
September — Indianapolis, Indiana — Date Held
October — Riga, Latvia — Date Held
November — Stockholm, Sweden — Date Held
Keynote Technology Speaker
Advertising, communications, and marketing are not the same thing. In fact, they mean very different and important things. In this keynote address, Samuel outlines the entire marketing process of research, segmentation, targeting, positioning, objective setting, product creation, pricing, distribution, and promotion. The first two steps are diagnosis — understanding where you are. The next three steps are strategy — deciding where you will go. The next four steps are tactics — planning how you will get there. The last three steps are evaluation — tracking progress, forecasting, and setting budgets for the next period. To maximize your company’s value, you need to know what to do at each step. Marketing is a lot more than just “creating content.”
— Learn the entire, end-to-end marketing process.
— Understand how to do market diagnosis, marketing strategy, marketing tactics, and evaluation.
— See the best practices for each individual step along the way.
Other Marketing Keynote Talks
The marketing world has become obsessed with online direct response and short-termism, both of which are hurting long-term advertising effectiveness. In this talk, Samuel argues that we need to get out of our bubble and rethink our approach to media planning today by integrating traditional and online channels as well as long-term and short-term strategies in the most effective ways. Here, he will show how both types of advertising can work together for maximum effectiveness.
— Learn the difference between “brand” and “performance” advertising tactics.
— See how they both “perform” — they just perform in different ways and in different time frames.
— Understand how to build marcom campaigns that both get sales today and build brands for more future sales tomorrow.
Many consumers say they prefer sustainable products and do not want to support sweatshops, but they still often buy the cheapest clothing and running shoes made in such places anyway. Companies today want to do better, but they are getting such mixed signals from customers. In this keynote, Samuel will show how companies can navigate this complex environment and both help the world and sell more products at the same time. The key to understand: Actual brand purpose goes far beyond just saying nice stuff in ads, and the benefits go far beyond just selling more stuff.
— See four examples of companies in various industries and countries that are using brand purpose to help both the world and their businesses.
— Gives an overview of marketing strategy and marketing tactics.
— Shows a step-by-step example of how a company could use brand purpose when targeting millennials and Gen Z.
In this fun and informational keynote that can include props, Samuel will discuss the benefits of a strong brand, product marketing versus brand marketing, the importance of mental availability and brand equity, examples of good B2C and B2B branding, how to build a brand, and how to manage and measure mental availability brand equity. After all, B2B marketing is more similar to B2C than people think.
Actionable takeaway: Build B2B brands that will get leads today and tomorrow, increase conversion rates, raise pricing power, receive media coverage, and attract more talent.
— Understand the importance of brand equity and how strong brands lead to more revenue and profit, greater conversion rates, higher prices, and overall valuations.
— See how to build mental availability and brand salience among the 95% of B2B buyers who are not in the market right now so that they will remember you when they want to buy a product in the future.
— Learn the step-by-step process of brand positioning, brand codes, brand objectives, brand architecture, tactical execution, budgeting, and tracking.
In any recessionary environment, businesses instinctively want to cut advertising budgets — especially at the top of the funnel. In this talk, Samuel will give an introduction to Brand 101, demonstrate how brand advertising works, and show the benefits of building a strong brand. Then, he will show how to translate general marketing and advertising concepts into CFO-speak and financial metrics into CMO-speak so that both sides will understand each other. After all, cutting brand advertising spend in the short term will only hurt companies in the long term after the economy recovers.
— Understand how brand advertising gets leads and sales today and tomorrow, increases conversion rates, and raises pricing power over the short- and long-term.
— See why cutting brand advertising spend today harms companies tomorrow — even long after recessions are over.
— Learn how to defend your top-of-the-funnel brand advertising spend to CFOs, CEOs, and boards of directors.
From Europe to South America, Samuel has delivered keynote addresses and moderated panels at business events for clients, employees, and customers.
Both virtually and in person, Samuel has given inspirational and informative breakout and keynote addresses at events in the marketing and business worlds.
Testimonials & Featured Clients
"Thank you so much for the best 25 minutes I’ve spent in a long time!"
— Hanne Kjeldstadli Hansen, head of customer care at Simployer
“Thank God for someone talking some f--king sense!”
— Claire Strickett, planner and strategist at London creative agency VCCP
"Not only did he deliver a great presentation full of data and relevant insights, he was also super fun and easy to work with. If you are looking for a reliable speaker covering the latest marketing trends, contact Samuel!"
— Valerija Prevolsek, founder of the SEMPL conference in Slovenia
"Samuel was delivering a presentation at our client and partner event. He had a perfect 30-minute speech about how different media works these days, busting myths and hitting some most painful topics for the whole industry. I can definitely recommend him for any type of event willing to get fresh air i the world of communication bubbles."
— Mindaugas Rakauskas, commercial director at TV3 Lithuania
"Samuel spoke at ProcureCon Marketing Europe 2019 in London, on 'Dispelling the 6 biggest myths in the marketing industry today', and did a brilliant job - he was engaging, interesting and provocative, with an interactive presentation. Recommended!"
—Diane Mekie, conference director for WBR’s ProcureCon Marketing Europe in London
"I came across Samuel several years ago. His articles in The Drum are extremely spot on. We engaged Samuel to speak at our annual conference DSAD. An annual conference that normally attracts 400 advertisers. In 2020, due to the Covid 19 situation the conference was set up as a hybrid. Samuel attended remotely with a prerecorded presentation since it was not possible to travel from Tel Aviv to Norway at the time. Samuel did a very good presentation at this hybrid event. I will certainly recommend Samuel as a keynote speaker."
"Samuel spoke at my event 600Minutes Customer Experience on the 5th of December 2019 and was very much appreciated by the attendees. The event was attended by the leaders within marketing and customer experience from the largest companies of Norway. Many of the attendees gave great praise and commented that they would have wished to hear more or to have him back for other editions of the event. Thank you for coming, Samuel!"
"Samuel Scott spoke to over 2000 paid delegates at Zee MELT 2019 - India's biggest conference that brings marketing, communications and technology under one roof. His thirty minute talk on the biggest myths in the adtech world was extremely well received by our delegates. Beyond the talk, Samuel made it a point to interact with many of the delegates and the other speakers as well, which was highly appreciated."
— Rajesh Kejriwal, founder and CEO of Kyoorius Group in India
Past Presentations and Talks
- Eurojackpot Company Meeting (Bled, Slovenia) — October 2023
- One to One Digital Marketing (Biarritz, France) — October 2021
- Virtual Talks — 14 talks in 2020 and 2021
- Management Events — Multiple events throughout Europe in 2019
- SEMPL (Portoroz, Slovenia) — November 2019
- Bogazici University (Istanbul, Turkey) — November 2019
- World Marketing Summit (London, England) — November 2019
- DCX Digital Content Expo (Berlin, Germany) — October 2019
- TV3 (Vilnius, Lithuania) — September 2019
- ProcureCon Marketing (London, England) — June 2019
- ZeeMelt (Mumbai, India) — May 2019
- AIM Conference (Los Angeles, California) — May 2019
- Share Algarve (Lisbon, Portugal) — April 2019
- Synergy Digital Forum (Moscow, Russia) — March 2019
- Marketing Festival (Prague, Czech Republic) — March 2019
- The European Summit (Lisbon, Portugal) — March 2019
- Emerce Performance (Amsterdam, The Netherlands) — November 2018
- Fifteen Seconds (Graz, Austria) — June 2018
- Synergy Digital Forum (Moscow, Russia) — May 2018
- FICCI Frames (Mumbai, India) — March 2018
- Digital Copenhagen (Copenhagen, Denmark) — November 2017
- CASBAA (Macau) — November 2017
- Digitalzone (Istanbul, Turkey) — October 2017
- Sanoma Media (Helsinki, Finland) — October 2017
- Facebook Brand Summit (Buenos Aires, Argentina) — April 2017
- Facebook Brand Summit (Bogota, Colombia) — April 2017
- Facebook Brand Summit (Mexico City, Mexico) — April 2017
- LiMA DAY (Vilnius, Lithuania) — November 2016
- MozCon (Seattle, Washington) — September 2016
- Content Marketing Masters (Berlin, Germany) — June 2016
- Kahenacon Advanced (Tel Aviv, Israel) — November 2015
- Performance Marketing Insights (London, England) — October 2015
- BrightonSEO (Brighton, England) — April 2015
- SMX West (San Jose, California) — March 2014
- SMX Milan (Milan, Italy) — November 2013
- Private talks at the offices of companies
For Potential Sponsors
If you want to reach audiences of marketers, advertisers, and media professionals, Samuel Scott is the perfect person to sponsor by:
Including your research in speeches
Demonstrating your platform in workshops
Highlighting what your company has been doing
Contact Samuel via the form below for more information.
Fees for Standard Appearances
- A base fee plus hotel, meals at the hotel, local transfers, and business travel on El Al from Tel Aviv booked by the event or agency + any needed coronavirus testing for return to Israel
- Video and pictures of the speech
- All packages require a 50% advance payment deposit to reserve the dates and for the work beforehand
- Guarantee: If your event is postponed or canceled for any reason, the 50% deposit will automatically go towards a future appearance without needing to pay again