Marketing truth from an expert trade journalist with nothing to sell but my ideas. How can I help to solve a marketing problem that your event attendees will be facing?
A former newspaper editor and director of marketing in the high-tech industry, I am now a professional keynote marketing speaker as well as a consultant, The Promotion Fix columnist for The Drum, and a member of Toastmasters International.
I use my prior careers in journalism and marketing to show businesses, conferences, and universities the true present and future of the marketing industry as a neutral observer with nothing to sell. I have served as a judge of the UK Ad Association’s Young Lions competition in advance of the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Born and raised in the United States, I am now based out of Tel Aviv.
A 30-Second Introduction
I Have Nothing to Sell
If you hire agency executives to speak, they will be biased and promote their services. If you hire in-house staff, they will be biased and promote their company’s products. As an independent columnist and professional speaker, I have nothing to sell except my ideas. I make my living by writing and speaking — not selling anything.
“Thank God for someone talking some fucking sense”
— Claire Strickett, planner and strategist at London creative agency VCCP
I have keynoted private events such as three Facebook Brand Summits in Mexico, Argentina, and Colombia.
My Main Keynote: The Biggest Myths in Marketing Today
I explore six of the myths in the marketing world today: that consumers want personalized and targeted ads, channels do not matter, short-term results are the most important, targeting solves the problem of waste, ad tech saves money, and brand building is less important. I then show exclusive research on how marketers should think instead.
- Future Trends in Marketing
- Is Everything Online Fake?
- Best Practices: DTC
- Best Practices: Influencers
- Best Practices: B2C Marcom
- Responding to the Next Recession
- Stop Using the Word “Content”
- Best Practices: Podcasts
- Best Practices: B2B Marcom
- Best Practices: B2B Marcom
Examples of Presentations and Talks
- The Common Myths in Ad Tech (transcript and dubbed video from Russia)
- The Biggest Myths That Marketers Tell Themselves (transcript from Ireland and video from Finland)
I also give workshops at conferences and companies:
- Marketing 101 — an introduction into marketing and communications that covers customer-facing research, product-market fit, segmentation, pricing, positioning, messaging, promotional tactics, media mixes, and measurement
- Marketing communications — how to create the most effective marcom campaigns and incorporate them into your overall marketing strategy
- Media relations, PR, and publicity — how to create a media relations plan from research to publication and reporter targeting to pitching stories to measuring the right metrics
- SEO — how to get found in organic search results for relevant queries that relate to you, your product, the solutions that you provide, and the questions that you can answer
- Public speaking — workshops and personal coaching for executives and others who want to improve their presentations
Where I Have Spoken
My Future Schedule
If your company or organization would like an appearance while I am in your area, contact me ASAP so I can make the necessary arrangements!
September 25 — Amsterdam, the Netherlands — 600 Minutes, Customer Experience
October 7-10 — Berlin, Germany — DCX Digital Content Expo
October 11 — Berlin, Germany — Future Customer Experience
October 23 — Helsinki, Finland — Future Customer Experience
October 30 — Bussum, the Netherlands — 600 Minutes, Customer Experience
November 27-29 — Portoroz, Slovenia — SEMPL
December 5 — Fornebu, Norway — 600 Minutes, Customer Experience
January 29 — Copenhagen, Denmark — 600 Minutes, Marketing and Digital Experience
September — London, England — TBA
Video and references available upon request.