(Note: If you may be changing plans for events because of the coronavirus outbreak, I can offer in-person or virtual marketing keynotes and workshops from my home office in Tel Aviv.)
Marketing truth from an expert trade journalist with nothing to sell but my ideas. I create customized presentations based on your desired general topic.
A former newspaper editor and director of marketing in the high-tech industry, I am now a professional marketing keynote speaker as well as a consultant, The Promotion Fix columnist for The Drum, and a member of Toastmasters International.
I use my prior careers in journalism and marketing to show businesses, conferences, and universities the true present and future of the marketing industry as a neutral observer with nothing to sell. I have served as a judge of the UK Ad Association’s Young Lions competition in advance of the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Born and raised in the United States, I am now based out of Tel Aviv.
A 30-Second Introduction
I Have Nothing to Sell
If you hire agency executives to speak, they will be biased and promote their services. If you hire in-house staff, they will be biased and promote their company’s products. As an independent columnist and professional speaker, I have nothing to sell except my ideas. I make my living by writing and speaking — not selling anything.
“Thank God for someone talking some fucking sense!”
— Claire Strickett, planner and strategist at London creative agency VCCP
Corporate Event Speaker
I have keynoted private events such as three Facebook Brand Summits in Mexico, Argentina, and Colombia for the company’s advertising customers as well as a media company event in Lithuania and a mobile platform’s company staff gathering in Spain.
Keynote Speech Topics That I Customize
Media Planning in 2020 and Beyond
How to Integrate Traditional and Online Marketing
Other Keynote Address Topics
- The Biggest Myths and Real Trends in Marketing Today — it is false that consumers want targeted ads, short-term results are more important, targeting solves the problem of waste, and ad tech saves money
- How to Truly Help the World With Real Brand Purpose – companies should forget one-off, superficial commercials and instead do something completely different to truly help the world
- How to Fix Content Marketing – 99% is useless and a waste of money, so companies need an entirely different approach based on the traditional marcom process that few discuss anymore
- Surprising B2B Marketing Best Practices – how B2B is actually very similar to B2C, based on exclusive research that I have obtained
“Thank you so much for the best 25 minutes
I’ve spent in a long time!”
— Hanne Kjeldstadli Hansen, head of customer care
at Finnish HR management software company Simployer
Links to Video
- SEMPL in Slovenia
- ZeeMelt in Mumbai
- Sanoma Media’s Get Tomorrow in Helsinki
- Synergy Digital Forum in Moscow
I also give marketing workshops at conferences and companies:
- Marketing 101 — an introduction into marketing and communications that covers customer-facing research, strategy, product-market fit, segmentation, pricing, positioning, messaging, promotional tactics, media mixes, and measurement
- Marketing communications — an in-depth seminar on marcom planning that discusses the pros and cons of each tactic and channel and shows how to create effective tactical and media mixes how to create the most effective marcom campaigns and incorporate them into your overall marketing strategy
- Media relations, PR, and publicity — how to create a media relations plan from research to publication and reporter targeting to pitching stories to measuring the right metrics
- SEO — how to get found in organic search results for relevant queries that relate to you, your product, the solutions that you provide, and the questions that you can answer
- Public speaking — workshops and personal coaching for executives and others who want to improve their presentations
Where I Have Spoken
My Future Schedule
If your company or organization would like an appearance while I am in your area, contact me ASAP so I can make the necessary arrangements!
January 29-30 — Copenhagen, Denmark — 600 Minutes, Marketing and Digital Experience
April 17 — online — The Fearless
April 23 — online — West Chester University (Pennsylvania)
June 30 to July 2 — Monte Carlo, Monaco — One-to-One Retail E-Commerce
August 9-12 — Boston, Massachusetts — TBA
September — Stockholm, Sweden — TBA
September — London, England — TBA
October 7-8 — Oslo, Norway — ANFO
October — Slovenia — TBA
November — Slovenia — TBA
December 4 — online — MPI’s Experiential Designers Virtual Summit
May 25-27 — Frankfurt, Germany — IMEX
References available upon request.