Marketing truth from an expert trade journalist with nothing to sell but my ideas. I create customized presentations based on your desired general topic.
A former newspaper editor and director of marketing in the high-tech industry, I am now a professional marketing keynote speaker as well as a consultant, The Promotion Fix columnist for The Drum, and a member of Toastmasters International.
I use my prior careers in journalism and marketing to show businesses, conferences, and universities the true present and future of the marketing industry as a neutral observer with nothing to sell. I have served as a judge of the UK Ad Association’s Young Lions competition in advance of the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Born and raised in the United States, I am now based out of Tel Aviv.
A 30-Second Introduction
I Have Nothing to Sell
If you hire agency executives to speak, they will be biased and promote their services. If you hire in-house staff, they will be biased and promote their company’s products. As an independent columnist and professional speaker, I have nothing to sell except my ideas. I make my living by writing and speaking — not selling anything.
“Thank God for someone talking some fucking sense”
— Claire Strickett, planner and strategist at London creative agency VCCP
Corporate Event Speaker
I have keynoted private events such as three Facebook Brand Summits in Mexico, Argentina, and Colombia for the company’s advertising customers as well as a media company event in Lithuania and a mobile platform’s company staff gathering in Spain.
Keynote Speech Topics That I Customize
Media Planning in 2020 and Beyond (30 minutes)
Other Keynote Address Topics
- How to Fix Content Marketing – 99% is useless and ignored, so companies need an entirely different approach based on the traditional marcom process that few discuss anymore
- How to Do Real Brand Purpose – companies should forget one-off commercials and do something completely different to truly help the world
- The Biggest Myths in Marketing – it is false that consumers want targeted ads, short-term results are more important, targeting solves the problem of waste, and ad tech saves money
- The End of “Digital Marketing” – how the Internet did not really change most marcom
- Is Everything Online Fake?– we are working in a world where nothing is audited by independent third parties
- Surprising B2B Marcom Best Practices – how B2B is actually very similar to B2C
Links to Video
I also give marketing workshops at conferences and companies:
- Marketing 101 — an introduction into marketing and communications that covers customer-facing research, product-market fit, segmentation, pricing, positioning, messaging, promotional tactics, media mixes, and measurement
- Marketing communications — how to create the most effective marcom campaigns and incorporate them into your overall marketing strategy
- Media relations, PR, and publicity — how to create a media relations plan from research to publication and reporter targeting to pitching stories to measuring the right metrics
- SEO — how to get found in organic search results for relevant queries that relate to you, your product, the solutions that you provide, and the questions that you can answer
- Public speaking — workshops and personal coaching for executives and others who want to improve their presentations
Where I Have Spoken
My Future Schedule
If your company or organization would like an appearance while I am in your area, contact me ASAP so I can make the necessary arrangements!
November 17-19 — Leeds, England — World Marketing Summit
November 20-22 — Istanbul, Turkey — Digital Analytics Summit
November 24 — Tel Aviv, Israel — G-CMO Summit
November 28-29 — Portoroz, Slovenia — SEMPL
December 4 — online — MPI’s Experiential Designers Virtual Summit
December 4-5 — Fornebu, Norway — 600 Minutes, Customer Experience
January 28-29 — Copenhagen, Denmark — 600 Minutes, Marketing and Digital Experience
April 16-17 — Moscow, Russia — TBA
May 11-12 — London, England — TBA
September — Stockholm, Sweden — TBA
September — London, England — TBA
October 7-8 — Oslo, Norway — ANFO
References available upon request.