A former journalist, consultant, and director of marketing in the high-tech industry, Samuel Scott is now a marketing and technology contrarian who presents around the world and writes The Promotion Fix column for The Drum. He speaks on topics ranging from blockchain to online advertising fraud to the future of integrated traditional and digital marketing.
Samuel’s talks combine the latest theory with actionable tactics and an added dose of provocation to provide an entertaining and enlightening experience for companies, conferences, and universities of all types and in countries throughout the world.
Born and raised in the United States, Samuel is now based out of Tel Aviv.
Where Samuel Speaks
- Companies — marketing meetings, product launches, and customer events
- Conferences — annual conventions and events
- Educational Institutions — university classes and academic gatherings
What Samuel Discusses
- The Future Trends in Marketing — the roles that various practices within traditional and digital marketing will have and not have
- How Blockchain is Revolutionizing Marketing — blockchain is a technology that might finally penetrate the Facebook-Google duopoly and let marketers and others form networks that are independent of any central authorities
- The Dark Side of the High-Tech Startup World — the industry is full of sweatshops that commit age discrimination, violate labor law, and force founders and workers to practically kill themselves to satisfy investors
- The Future of Martech in a GDPR-Driven World — the death of data-based marketing surveillance and the return of creativity (transcript and video from England and Turkey)
- The Biggest Myths in Marketing — the common bad assumptions that marketers of all types make such as that TV and radio are dead and that people want to have relationships with brands
- The Billions You Are Losing to Online Advertising Fraud (columns in TechCrunch and The Drum)
- How to Integrate Traditional and Digital Marketing — how to break through the digital wall by creating a unified marketing practice and not keeping online and offline marketing in separate silos
- Everything the Tech World Says About Marketing is Wrong — most practices in high-tech marketing have little basis in traditional marketing theory
- How Google Analytics Ruined Marketing — the funnel and buckets in Google Analytics have little relation to actual human behavior and long-standing marketing practices
- Facebook is Russia’s Biggest Useful Idiot in Vladimir Putin’s Bold War – Russian has been manufacturing internal strife and fragmentation to destabilize other countries. Brexit as well as Spain and Catalonia have been the most successful examples besides the 2016 US presidential election. Social media — mainly through Facebook and Instagram — have been the methods.
- My Call to Amazon, Facebook, and Google to Tear Down Breitbart News
Why You Should Hire Samuel to Speak
- Companies — you will understand how to use and not use traditional and digital marketing tactics to deliver more value the next day as well as what the real future holds for technology
- Conferences — your attendees will learn about the modern trends in marketing and technology and be entertained by a healthy dose of provocation
- Educational Institutions — your students will see how to incorporate the best practices of yesterday in their careers tomorrow, and educators will gain the latest insights into marketing and technology research
Examples of Presentations and Talks
- Breaking Through the Digital Wall (transcript and video from Israel)
- The Biggest Lies That Marketers Tell Themselves (transcript from Ireland and video from Finland and Romania)
- TV is Not Dying — It’s Lies, Damn Lies, and Bad Media Statistics (transcript and video from Macau, China)
- The Day After Tomorrow: When GDPR and Ad Blocks Stop Martech and Adtech (transcript and video from England and Turkey)
- Server Log Files & Technical SEO Audits: What You Need to Know (transcript and video from the United States)
The Biggest Lies in Marketing
Breaking Through the Digital Wall
- Podcast: How This Little-Known EU Regulation Could Kill Most of Your Digital Marketing in May 2018
- Podcast: Is Everything the Tech World Says About Marketing Wrong?
As Seen In
Contact Samuel to Speak
- For speaking engagements or anything else, contact Samuel here
- Or e-mail: sjscworldwide (at) gmail.com