Insightful and entertaining marketing insights.
Performances — not speeches or sales pitches.
After a career in journalism and years in marketing, Samuel Scott is now a professional keynote marketing speaker and member of Toastmasters International as well as the writer of The Promotion Fix column for The Drum and Head of Marketing for the IT cloud ops platform Faddom.
He is American and Israeli and lives in Tel Aviv.
Upcoming Speaking Appearances
November 30 — virtual (Dominican Republic) — Date Held
December 13-15 — Istanbul, Turkey — Date Held
February — Egerszalok, Hungary — Date Held
February — Lisbon, Portugal — Date Held
May — Warsaw, Poland — Date Held
May — Goa, India — Date held
September — Prague, Czech Republic — Date Held
September — Helsinki, Finland — Date Held
Keynote Marketing Talks
After two decades in journalism and marketing, Samuel now gives transformational, insightful, and memorable business keynotes.
GET READY NOW: The 15 Things That Marketers Need to Know for 2023
In this wide-ranging keynote taking everyone on a magical mystery tour through the entire marketing industry, Samuel Scott will dispel myths, reveal unconventional best practices, and show the eternal truths that people should know in areas ranging from product to distribution to pricing to advertising to SEO to public relations in both B2C and B2B marketing.
Topics include: Good vs. bad metrics to use, how to use both brand and performance advertising, the importance of mental availability, how to recognize survivorship bias, the difference between PR and publicity, when dashboards are not truthful, the best way to build backlinks, the costs of ad fraud, what is real brand purpose, how B2B markets really operate, and the dangers of growth at all costs.
ACTIONS, NOT WORDS: Brand Purpose in a Schizophrenic Consumer World
Many consumers say they do not want to support sweatshops, but they still often buy the cheapest clothing and running shoes made in such places anyway. Companies today want to do better, but they are getting such mixed signals from customers. In this inspiring keynote, Samuel Scott will show how companies can navigate this complex environment and both help the world and sell more products at the same time. (See example video, deck, and text here.)
Actionable takeaway: See four examples of companies in various industries that are using brand purpose to help both the world and their businesses.
INTEGRATIONS, NOT SILOS: Using Both Brand and Performance Advertising in 2023 and Beyond
We are seeing the tyranny of online direct response and short-termism, both of which are hurting our long-term advertising effectiveness. Samuel uses the latest research to show that we need to get out of our bubble and rethink our approach to media planning today by integrating traditional and online channels as well as long-term and short-term strategies in the most effective ways. (See example video, text, and deck here.)
Actionable takeaway: Build marcom campaigns that both get sales today and build brands for more future sales tomorrow.
PRODUCT PLUS SOMETHING: Build a Brand for the Ultimate “Growth Hack” in B2B Marketing
In this fun and informational keynote that can include props, Samuel will discuss Brand 101, the benefits of a strong brand, product marketing versus brand marketing, examples of good B2C and B2B branding, how to build a brand, and how to manage and measure brand equity. After all, B2B marketing is more similar to B2C than people think. (Learn more about this speech.)
Actionable takeaway: Build B2B brands that will get leads today and tomorrow, increase conversion rates, raise pricing power, receive media coverage, and attract more talent.
From Europe to South America, Samuel has delivered keynote addresses and moderated panels at business events for clients, employees, and customers.
Both virtually and in person, Samuel has given inspirational and informative breakout and keynote addresses at events in the marketing and business worlds.
Today, many companies and conferences are holding their events online. Samuel now uses his years of experience in professional speaking to keynote events over any streaming platform of choice.
How I Work
- Answer any initial, general questions over email
- Have a call to learn about your goals and decide how I can help you and your event attendees
- Send the contract and 50% advance deposit payment invoice
- Strategize the main points of the talk
- Finalize the talk as well as any needed logistics and deliverables
Testimonials & Featured Clients
"Thank you so much for the best 25 minutes I’ve spent in a long time!"
— Hanne Kjeldstadli Hansen, head of customer care at Simployer
“Thank God for someone talking some f--king sense!”
— Claire Strickett, planner and strategist at London creative agency VCCP
"Not only did he deliver a great presentation full of data and relevant insights, he was also super fun and easy to work with. If you are looking for a reliable speaker covering the latest marketing trends, contact Samuel!"
— Valerija Prevolsek, founder of the SEMPL conference in Slovenia
"Samuel was delivering a presentation at our client and partner event. He had a perfect 30-minute speech about how different media works these days, busting myths and hitting some most painful topics for the whole industry. I can definitely recommend him for any type of event willing to get fresh air i the world of communication bubbles."
— Mindaugas Rakauskas, commercial director at TV3 Lithuania
"Samuel spoke at ProcureCon Marketing Europe 2019 in London, on 'Dispelling the 6 biggest myths in the marketing industry today', and did a brilliant job - he was engaging, interesting and provocative, with an interactive presentation. Recommended!"
—Diane Mekie, conference director for WBR’s ProcureCon Marketing Europe in London
"I came across Samuel several years ago. His articles in The Drum are extremely spot on. We engaged Samuel to speak at our annual conference DSAD. An annual conference that normally attracts 400 advertisers. In 2020, due to the Covid 19 situation the conference was set up as a hybrid. Samuel attended remotely with a prerecorded presentation since it was not possible to travel from Tel Aviv to Norway at the time. Samuel did a very good presentation at this hybrid event. I will certainly recommend Samuel as a keynote speaker."
"Samuel spoke at my event 600Minutes Customer Experience on the 5th of December 2019 and was very much appreciated by the attendees. The event was attended by the leaders within marketing and customer experience from the largest companies of Norway. Many of the attendees gave great praise and commented that they would have wished to hear more or to have him back for other editions of the event. Thank you for coming, Samuel!"
"Samuel Scott spoke to over 2000 paid delegates at Zee MELT 2019 - India's biggest conference that brings marketing, communications and technology under one roof. His thirty minute talk on the biggest myths in the adtech world was extremely well received by our delegates. Beyond the talk, Samuel made it a point to interact with many of the delegates and the other speakers as well, which was highly appreciated."
— Rajesh Kejriwal, founder and CEO of Kyoorius Group in India
Past Presentations and Talks
- One to One Digital Marketing (Biarritz, France) — October 2021
- Virtual Talks — 14 talks in 2020 and 2021
- Management Events — multiple events throughout Europe in 2019
- SEMPL (Portoroz, Slovenia) — November 2019
- Bogazici University (Istanbul, Turkey) — November 2019
- World Marketing Summit (London, England) — November 2019
- DCX Digital Content Expo (Berlin, Germany) — October 2019
- TV3 (Vilnius, Lithuania) — September 2019
- ProcureCon Marketing (London, England) — June 2019
- ZeeMelt (Mumbai, India) — May 2019
- AIM Conference (Los Angeles, California) — May 2019
- Share Algarve (Lisbon, Portugal) — April 2019
- Synergy Digital Forum (Moscow, Russia) — March 2019
- Marketing Festival (Prague, Czech Republic) — March 2019
- The European Summit (Lisbon, Portugal) — March 2019
- Emerce Performance — (November 2018)
- Fifteen Seconds (Graz, Austria) — June 2018
- Synergy Digital Forum (Moscow, Russia) — May 2018
- FICCI Frames (Mumbai, India) — March 2018
- Digital Copenhagen (Copenhagen, Denmark) — November 2017
- CASBAA (Macau) — November 2017
- Digitalzone (Istanbul, Turkey) — October 2017
- Sanoma Media (Helsinki, Finland) — October 2017
- Facebook Brand Summit (Buenos Aires, Argentina) — April 2017
- Facebook Brand Summit (Bogota, Colombia) — April 2017
- Facebook Brand Summit (Mexico City, Mexico) — April 2017
- LiMA DAY (Vilnius, Lithuania) — November 2016
- MozCon (Seattle, Washington) — September 2016
- Content Marketing Masters (Berlin, Germany) — June 2016
- Kahenacon Advanced (Tel Aviv, Israel) — November 2015
- Performance Marketing Insights (London, England) — October 2015
- BrightonSEO (Brighton, England) — April 2015
- SMX West (San Jose, California) — March 2014
- SMX Milan (Milan, Italy) — November 2013
- Private talks at the offices of companies
- For a live, physical appearance: Starting at USD $10,000 / GBP £7,000 / EUR €8,000 plus hotel, meals, local transfers, and business travel on El Al (with any transfers on Star Alliance airlines) from Tel Aviv booked by the event or agency + any needed coronavirus testing for return to Israel + video and pictures of the speech
- For a live or recorded virtual appearance: Based on what you need
- Workshop and speaking coach fees are customized based on what you need
- All packages require a 50% advance payment deposit to reserve the dates and for the work beforehand
- Coronavirus guarantee: If your event is postponed or canceled, the 50% deposit will automatically go towards a future appearance without needing to pay again