Samuel Scott is Senior Director of SEO and Digital Marketing at The Cline Group. His career has spanned more than ten years in print and online journalism, online publishing, entrepreneurship, and all aspects of Internet marketing. Scott currently develops and directs the execution of integrated digital-marketing strategies for agency clients. He also contributes to publications including Moz and the Times of Israel and has been quoted or cited by outlets including Search Engine Land, The New York Times, and CIO.
After spending more than thirty years on three continents, he has had experiences including:
- Being the youngest person ever to work for his hometown newspaper (age 17) and later to be the editor-in-chief of a Boston newspaper (age 23)
- Running an entire non-profit organization as executive director (age 25)
- Becoming the youngest student in the history of the Suffolk University Executive M.B.A. program (age 26)
- Moving more than 10,000 miles to a country where he did not know the language at all and successfully learning an entirely-new industry (online marketing) on a global scale (age 28)
- Becoming Manager of Digital Marketing and Communications for a worldwide marketing and PR firm, working with clients across a wide range of sectors and industries in the United States, Europe, and the Middle East while building and marketing his own websites (age 30)
- Getting promoted to Director of SEO & Digital Marketing (age 32) and then to Senior Director (age 33)
Even though I was left journalism officially in 2007, the heart of a reporter never dies. Today, I still use my love of gathering information and telling stories in my global marketing career. I listen to other people — and now, my company’s clients — and then tell their stories online.
If you want to hear the stories, follow my site’s RSS feed and my social-media profiles! (Note: My thoughts anywhere do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Cline Group.)
Contact: sjscworldwide (at) gmail.com