A former newspaper editor and director of marketing in the high-tech industry, I am now a professional keynote marketing speaker, consultant, member of Toastmasters International, and the writer of The Promotion Fix column for The Drum.
I use my prior careers in journalism and marketing to show businesses, conferences, and universities the true present and future of the marketing industry as a neutral observer with nothing to sell. In 2019, I served as a judge of the UK Ad Association’s Young Lions competition in advance of the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Born and raised in the United States, I am now based out of Tel Aviv.
Samuel gives marketing workshops at conferences and companies on the following topics:
- Marketing 101 — an introduction into marketing and communications that covers customer-facing research, product-market fit, segmentation, pricing, positioning, messaging, promotional tactics, media mixes, and measurement
- Marketing communications — how to create the most effective and efficient marcom campaigns and incorporate them into your overall marketing strategy
- Media relations and publicity — how to create a media relations plan from research to publication and reporter targeting to pitching stories to measuring the right metrics
- SEO — how to get found in organic search results for relevant queries for stable, long-term growth without risk of Google penalties
- Public speaking — workshops and personal coaching for executives and others who want to improve their presenting
Why You Should Hire Samuel
If you hire people who work at agencies to give workshops, they will use the time to promote their services. If you hire people who work in-house at companies, they will use their workshops to promote their products. As an independent columnist and speaker, Samuel Scott has nothing to sell except his own ideas and thoughts on the industry. His workshops contain his neutral and unbiased insights.
Videos of Presentations and Talks
- SEMPL in Slovenia
- ZeeMelt in Mumbai
- Sanoma Media’s Get Tomorrow in Helsinki
- Synergy Digital Forum in Moscow
As Seen At
My Future Schedule
If your company or organization would like an appearance while I am in your area, contact me ASAP so I can make the necessary arrangements!
January 29-30 — Copenhagen, Denmark — 600 Minutes, Marketing and Digital Experience
February 29 — India — TBA
March 16-19 — Monte Carlo, Monaco — One-to-One Retail E-Commerce
March 30 – April 1 — Barcelona, Spain — TBA
April 16-17 — Moscow, Russia — TBA
April 30 — Istanbul, Turkey — TBA
May 11-12 — London, England — TBA
May 27-29 — Vilnius, Lithuania — TBA
September — Stockholm, Sweden — TBA
September — London, England — TBA
October 7-8 — Oslo, Norway — ANFO
December 4 — online — MPI’s Experiential Designers Virtual Summit
Video and references available upon request.