Marketing truth from an expert trade journalist with nothing to sell but my ideas. I create customized virtual presentations based on your desired general topic.
A former newspaper editor and director of marketing in the high-tech industry, I am now a professional virtual marketing keynote speaker as well as a consultant, The Promotion Fix columnist for The Drum, and a member of Toastmasters International.
I use my prior careers in journalism and marketing to show businesses, conferences, and universities the true present and future of the marketing industry as a neutral observer with nothing to sell. I have served as a judge of the UK Ad Association’s Young Lions competition in advance of the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
“Thank God for someone talking some fucking sense!”
— Claire Strickett, planner and strategist at London creative agency VCCP
Virtual Corporate Speaker
I have keynoted private events such as three Facebook Brand Summits in Mexico, Argentina, and Colombia for the company’s advertising customers as well as a media company event in Lithuania and a mobile platform’s company staff gathering in Spain.
Virtual Keynote Speech Topics That I Customize
How to Help the World With Real Brand Purpose
(30 minutes – live or virtual talk)
Other Keynote Address Topics
- What Marketers Should Do in Times of Recession — I researched what happened in prior recessions to recommend now what businesses and marketing departments should do during economic downturns
- Media Planning in 2020 and Beyond — how to integrate both online and offline marcom channels to maximize short-term and long-term promotional effectiveness
- The Biggest Myths and Real Trends in Marketing Today — it is false that consumers want targeted ads, short-term results are more important, targeting solves the problem of waste, and ad tech saves money
- How to Fix Content Marketing – 99% is useless and a waste of money, so companies need an entirely different approach based on the traditional marcom process that few discuss anymore
- Surprising B2B Marketing Best Practices – how B2B is actually very similar to B2C, based on exclusive research that I have obtained
“Thank you so much for the best 25 minutes
I’ve spent in a long time!”
— Hanne Kjeldstadli Hansen, head of customer care
at Finnish HR management software company Simployer
Links to Video
Virtual Marketing Workshops
I also give marketing workshops at conferences and companies:
- Marketing 101 — an introduction into marketing and communications that covers customer-facing research, strategy, product-market fit, segmentation, pricing, positioning, messaging, promotional tactics, media mixes, and measurement
- Marketing communications — an in-depth seminar on marcom planning that discusses the pros and cons of each tactic and channel and shows how to create effective tactical and media mixes how to create the most effective marcom campaigns and incorporate them into your overall marketing strategy
- Media relations, PR, and publicity — how to create a media relations plan from research to publication and reporter targeting to pitching stories to measuring the right metrics
- SEO — how to get found in organic search results for relevant queries that relate to you, your product, the solutions that you provide, and the questions that you can answer
- Public speaking — workshops and personal coaching for executives and others who want to improve their presentations
Where I Have Spoken
Fees for Virtual Appearances
- For a live, virtual appearance: $5,000
- For a license to broadcast my recorded talk on true brand purpose and how companies can help the world): $2,000
- All packages require a 50% advance payment deposit