A former journalist, newspaper editor, and director of marketing and communications in the high-tech industry, Samuel Scott is now a global and virtual marketing speaker and writer of the regular The Promotion Fix column in The Drum as well as a member of Toastmasters International.
He uses his prior careers in journalism and marketing to show businesses, conferences, and universities the true present and future of the marketing industry as a neutral observer with nothing to sell. He has served as a judge of the UK Ad Association’s Young Lions competition in advance of the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
“Thank God for someone talking some fucking sense!”
— Claire Strickett, planner and strategist at London creative agency VCCP
Virtual Corporate Speaker
I have keynoted private events such as three Facebook Brand Summits in Mexico, Argentina, and Colombia for the company’s advertising customers as well as a media company event in Lithuania and a mobile platform’s company staff gathering in Spain.
Virtual Keynote Speech Topics That I Customize
Brand Purpose vs. Brand Hypocrisy: How Your Company Can Truly Help the World
(30 minutes – live or virtual talk)
Other Keynote Address Topics
- The Day After Coronavirus: What Will and Will Not Change in Business — the economy will recover and return to pre-crisis normal quickly based on past pandemics and the fact that human nature does not change overnight
- What Your Company Needs to Do to Survive the Recession — I researched what happened in prior recessions to recommend now what businesses and marketing departments should do during economic downturns
- Media Planning in 2020 and Beyond: How to Integrate Online & Offline Marketing — how to integrate both online and offline marcom channels to maximize short-term and long-term promotional effectiveness
- The Biggest Myths in Marketing Today That You Probably Believe — it is false that consumers want targeted ads, short-term results are more important, targeting solves the problem of waste, and ad tech saves money
- The Biggest Problem in Content Marketing That You Are Probably Ignoring – 99% is useless and a waste of money, so companies need an entirely different approach based on the traditional marcom process that few discuss anymore
- B2B Marketing’s Surprising Best Practices – how B2B is actually very similar to B2C, based on exclusive research that I have obtained
- Why Everything Online is Fake — And What Marketers Should Do In Response — when online numbers and metrics are never audited by independent third parties, marketers have no idea how effective their campaigns actually are
“Thank you so much for the best 25 minutes
I’ve spent in a long time!”
— Hanne Kjeldstadli Hansen, head of customer care
at Finnish HR management software company Simployer
Links to Video
Virtual Marketing Workshops
I also give marketing workshops at conferences and companies:
- Marketing 101 — an introduction into marketing and communications that covers customer-facing research, strategy, product-market fit, segmentation, pricing, positioning, messaging, promotional tactics, media mixes, and measurement
- Marketing communications — an in-depth seminar on marcom planning that discusses the pros and cons of each tactic and channel and shows how to create effective tactical and media mixes how to create the most effective marcom campaigns and incorporate them into your overall marketing strategy
- Media relations, PR, and publicity — how to create a media relations plan from research to publication and reporter targeting to pitching stories to measuring the right metrics
- SEO — how to get found in organic search results for relevant queries that relate to you, your product, the solutions that you provide, and the questions that you can answer
- Public speaking — workshops and personal coaching for executives and others who want to improve their presentations
Fees, Recommendations, and Schedule
- For fees, recommendations and my future schedule, go to my main marketing speaker page.